International students in Japan will be controlled on hours of doing part-time job

So far, the Department of Immigration of Japan has stipulated that the maximum working hours for international students is 28 hours per week. However, there are many cases where international students are working overtime to make money for living.

To overcome this situation, from October 2015, the Japanese government will issue a "My Number" card as a proof of Japanese citizenship and all foreigners residing legally in Japan. Copy. In addition to managing the population, re-establishing the social order, "My Number" also helps to manage the extra working hours of foreign students no more than 28 hours per week. The My Number card has been issued since October 2015 and will be launched in January 2016.
1. "My Number" and Asian students
Many international students think that it is difficult to get more jobs when My Number mode is implemented. However, let's take a look at the state of Japanese society in recent years:
Fewer children and older people who are no longer able to work should be dismissed.
The population is aging with over 65% of the population. After about 20 years, the number of elderly and children will account for 40% of Japan's population.
Trades in the fields of architecture, construction, catering, convalescence, etc. do not attract Japanese young workers, so the Japanese government needs cooperation from Asian countries.
Therefore, the My Number mode does not necessarily interfere with the opportunities for overseas students to find work.
2. Why cannot students work too hard?
In recent years, the number of overseas students who do not go to school or drop out of school is increasing, creating a great concern for the Japanese government. For students who have a high school absenteeism rate that will result in a very low level of Japanese proficiency, they will be confiscated by the Immigration Department of Japan and sent to the country on the grounds that "want to make peace with Japan".
The Immigration Department of Japan is not forbidden to study abroad while studying abroad, as many international students wish to work in Japan or Japanese companies. As with other advanced countries outside of Asia, about 90% of Japanese students go to work.
Unlike other European or American countries, there are not many foreigners in Japan, while many jobs are needed. (Japan's unemployment rate is very low.)
The Japanese government now uses a lot of taxpayer money for propaganda to encourage foreign visitors and students to come to Japan, especially to Asians, as the prime minister of Japan, Abe,. Therefore, the government expects international students to study well for future Japanese companies or to stay in Japan, and behaviors such as dropping out of school to work more will never be accepted.
3. How to make a living in Japan without worrying about learning?
The most effective way is to balance work and study.
There are many international students because the money is not abundant so try to do more work at the same time, resulting in deportation to the country. Once deported, you will not be able to return to Japan.
There are now plenty of places for international students to work at the same time. However, once the new law is enacted, the grounds for violating the law will be very high, so it is unlikely that students will be able to freely work overtime.
So how do students do to cover living costs?
There are jobs that are short-lived but the salary is still very high (like interpreter). If you have good Japanese, you will easily earn high paying jobs without spending too much time. As a result, most Japanese language centers advise that you prepare a deposit and spend time learning Japanese before arriving in Japan.
Although the extra time is short, but in Japanese you improve, good Japanese will help you get a good job. Try to do the math, instead of trying to do more to earn yourself a few hundred million, then take the time to practice Japanese, because in the future, the use of Japanese language can help you earn revenue. enter 10 to 20 times that number.
From now until about 10-20 years later, most elderly Japanese workers will retire while poor young workers. Therefore, the Japanese society will need help from the Japanese know-how of Asian countries.
Look forward and make the right decision today!
In October 2015, the Japanese government will issue a "My Number" card as a 12-digit ID card for Japanese citizens and all foreigners residing legally in Japan. On each card there is a chip, which contains all personal information such as permanent address, social security number, insurance status, tax status, etc. When renting, applying for a job Procedures in administrative agencies, just informed My Number is all information is declared. Companies and individuals cannot cheat on tax, evade insurance, foreigners cannot stay illegally or work overtime.

Other articles

Online Support
Link unit
Thanh Vien En
link unit 1
link unit 2
link unit 3

Our partner

Liên hệ